Tuesday, December 13, 2011

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

This time of year you might just hear me burst into song! I love Christmas Carols and I love singing them! This Christmas has already been exceptionally good.

My husband is changing careers and it was amazingly good news for us last Friday when he found out he would be joining Edward Jones Financial Advisers. I am so excited for him and proud of him for finding something that I know he will excel at. Way to go Ryan!!! I think that loving your job and feeling good about what you do is so very important, afterall, we spend a good portion of our lives at work, so we better like it. He has been getting calls of congratulations already from his new co-workers and I can't help but think that he is really going to like this! Hurray!

Tomorrow little Lauren will be doing her last Christmas performance with the toddlers. I got a little preview today when Lauren sang Jingle Bells for me! She tells me she knows all the words and will sing this year. So cute!!  After Christmas she starts going to preschool with Mommy. I can't believe how quickly she is growing up! She is so excited and is bragging to everyone that she is a big girl now! Taylor is pretty excited for her and has been giving her the low down on everything.

Taylor did her performance last week and she did great!  I was a little worried about her considering she did not make it through her last public performance. This one was at a local bank on the huge staircase. All I could think about was her passing out, falling or getting sick in the middle of the performance. Thankfully she made it through without incident and even managed to sing all of the songs!  Now that the pressure is off she bounces around the house singing, "We wish you a merry christmas!" It's pretty cute - there's that bursting into song thing again!

I am so grateful for all the gifts that our family has been given and I feel so blessed to have all of our friends and family in our lives.  Please consider the lessons we have we have been reminded of this year  - it's not about what you get or how much money you spend on others, it's about what you give of yourself and what was given to all of us on that first Christmas! So, let me take this opportunity to wish you a Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment